Today, Comcast launched an additional multi-gig internet speed tier for Xfinity and Comcast Business customers in
In addition to multi-gigabit download speeds, Comcast is introducing faster download speeds in
“Our network is made for everything, so you can do it all,” said JD Keller, senior vice president of Comcast Mountain West Region. “During the pandemic, we have seen how vital it is for everyone to have a fast and reliable internet connection, and the demand for internet services continues to increase at a rapid rate. My own children and family work , learn, chat, watch movies, or play games online whenever we’re home. I know others have the same experience. Comcast’s investments in our network will keep more people in
“By investing in infrastructure upgrades that ensure secure and reliable connectivity for all our residents and businesses, installing free community Wi-Fi elevator zones and supporting
Faster speeds will be just one of the consumer benefits made possible by Comcast’s continued efforts to evolve its entire network to 10G. 10G is a next-generation technology platform supported by a global collaboration of internet industry companies focused on building networks that stay ahead of consumer demand for connectivity. In addition to enabling symmetric multi-gig connections, 10G efforts will provide even greater network reliability, lower latency, faster troubleshooting, and increased power efficiency. More information on industry efforts towards a 10G future can be found here.
The new speeds are available today for Xfinity and Comcast Business customers in parts of
Learn more about Comcast in
- Comcast has over 300 miles of fiber in
colorado springs– over 10,000 miles across the state of Colorado.
- More than 2.3 million homes and businesses have access to Xfinity and Comcast Business products and services statewide, including more than 400,000 in
- Our network reaches all postcodes in the city of
colorado springsto ensure everyone can connect at our fastest speeds and use the technologies and devices they depend on every day, today and tomorrow.
- Comcast has invested more than
$1.2 billionin its network Coloradoalone for the past three years.
- We make ongoing strategic investments in building broadband network capacity to stay ahead of demand, doubling our capacity every 2.5 years.
- Since 2011, Comcast has connected nearly 600,000 low-income Colorado residents to the Internet through its Internet Essentials program, the nation’s largest and most successful private sector low-income broadband adoption program. . The program offers income-eligible individuals the ability to connect to the Internet to
$9.95per month. In addition, Comcast participates in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program which provides those who qualify with a $30per month credit for internet service.
- As part of Comcast’s ongoing commitment to help connect low-income families to the Internet, Comcast has also worked with our network of nonprofit, community, and municipal partners to equip nearly 100 locations across
Coloradowith Wi-Fi-connected lift zones where students and adults can log on, participate in apprenticeship and workforce development trainings, and access essential resources.
Copyright (c) 2022 TheNewswire – All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (c) 2022 TheNewswire – All rights reserved., source