Oxford University Press (OUP) online resources and journals are available at a range of flexible and affordable prices to institutions around the world.
Individuals can also subscribe to our journals and a small selection of our books, or recommend content on Oxford Academic to their librarian using our online form.
Learn more about purchase options, if you don’t have access to them.
Get help with:
There are thousands of books and journal articles available on Oxford Academic, so it’s important to find the content you have access to. When performing a search, you can choose to filter by availability:
- Bought – green open padlock: this is content that you have access to via, through a personal or institutional purchase or subscription
- Free access – orange Open Access symbol: the content is accessible to everyone on an Open Access license
- Free – green diamond containing the mention ‘FREE’: the content is freely accessible to all, often for a limited time
If you don’t have access to it, it will be indicated by a blue “GET ACCESS” label.
If you are logged in with your institutional and/or personal account, this does not mean that you will have access to all Oxford Academic content. This depends on the terms associated with your affected accounts.
You can log in with:
- A personal account
- Note that institutional account administrators must log in with a personal account that has an administrative agreement with the institutional account in question in order to perform administrative tasks.
- An institutional account, with the following login methods
- IP authentication
- Login through your institution – Shibboleth
- Institutional username and password
- Company Login
- Library Card Login
You may log in with multiple accounts and by doing so you will have cumulative access to all rights associated with those accounts. One connection of each of the types listed above is allowed simultaneously.
Using the logout feature will log you out of all accounts except those accessed via IP authentication.