This tutorial is about how to repair an Android TV connected to Wi-Fi without internet. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Fix Wifi Connected Android TV No Internet. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How To Fix Wifi Connected Android TV No Internet
Android TV is the best place to end your free time. Just like a smartphone, it also has lots of apps that you can use. It also comes with an option for Google Assistant, which you can use to access the TV using your voice commands. However, for all of these exciting things to happen, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Android TV does not connect to the Internet
There can be several reasons why your Android TV is not connecting to the internet. It is possible that :
- Android TV has a faulty wireless adapter.
- The device is in airplane mode.
- Your router is not sending a Wi-Fi signal.
- Check that your Android TV is not in airplane mode.
If that’s not the problem, make sure your router is working as it should and transmitting a signal. This is how you adjust your router settings to make sure everything is in order.
- Open a browser on your Android TV and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- You will now be able to access your router settings.
- In the “Wireless” section, find “SSID Broadcast” and make sure it is enabled.
- Return to the router settings page and open the wireless settings. Click on “Simultaneously with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz”.
Your router should now be working properly. If the problem persists, you can try restarting the router. Most routers have a reset button on the back. Hold the reset button for about ten seconds to reset the hardware. Your router should return to its default settings. Restarting your device or restoring it to factory settings can also work in this case. However, this will erase all your data, including your Google account details. You can use the method below to factory reset your Android TV.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote.
- Click on “Settings” then on “Storage and reset”.
- Select “Factory data reset” and confirm your selection.
Your TV box should now restart.
Android TV connected without Internet
It is possible that your Android TV shows that it is connected to the internet but has no connectivity. You receive the Wi-Fi signal, but you still cannot connect to the Internet for some reason. There could be a variety of things causing this. Most of them are related to the router or the Android device itself. Let’s take a look at them.
time is out of sync
Internet on your TV box may not work when connected to a network because the network does not provide the time. If you set the date and time of your device manually instead of being set by the Internet network, you may encounter this problem. Therefore, your device’s time may not be synchronized with your router’s time. To solve this problem, you need to adjust the date and time settings of your TV box so that they are provided by the network. This is how you do it.
- Go to “Settings” on your Android TV in the upper right corner.
- Click on “Device Preferences”.
- Go to “Date and time”.
- Tap “Automatic date and time”.
- Select “Use network provided time”.
The device is physically damaged
Some hardware may have been damaged. This could be the TV box, cable or router. Start by replacing the cable. If that doesn’t work, you can continue to check if the other items work.
Need to reset network settings
A power outage can disrupt your network configuration. You can fix this problem by restarting your device by following the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to “Network and Internet” and make sure Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Click “Wi-Fi”, then select “Forget Network”.
- Reconnect to the network by entering your password.
Data recording limit reached
You may experience connectivity issues if your data saving limit has been reached. If the feature is enabled, you may need to disable it on your device. Take a look at how to do it below.
- On Android TV, go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Network and Internet” then “Data saver”.
- Press the “Power off” button.
Android TV did not reconnect
After power is restored after an outage, it takes some time for the router to re-establish an internet connection. The outage may cause you to see connectivity on your TV box while it is not yet receiving a Wi-Fi signal. Give the modem a few minutes. It should rebroadcast soon.
The system is out of date
The problem could be your wireless adapter. You may need to update the software if a new version is available.
It could also be that your Android TV is misconfigured. The steps below will guide you through setting up your TV box correctly.
- Turn off your TV and connect it to your Android box using an HDMI cable.
- Plug the Android device into a power source and turn your TV back on.
- Click “Input” or “Source” to find the correct HDMI channel using your TV’s remote.
- Pair your remote with the Android box by simultaneously pressing the “Back” and “Home” buttons for at least five seconds.
- Go to “Settings” then to “Network”.
- Go to “Wi-Fi”. Enter your password to connect to your TV box.
- When prompted, update the Android device. Your Android TV should now be properly configured and working properly.
Restart the network
You can also completely reset the network to get your Android TV working. To do this, start by turning off all devices. You will have to wait a few minutes and then start turning them on one by one. The command should be the modem, the router, then the Android box. With everything back on, your connectivity issues should now be resolved.
Your VPN could be preventing your Android device from connecting to the internet. If you use a VPN with your TV box, you may need to disable it. The steps outlined will show you how to do this.
- Open config. »
- Go to “Network and Internet”.
- Tap “VPN” and select the VPN you want to disable.
- Click on the “Disconnect” button.
Final Words: How to Fix Wi-Fi Connected Android TV No Internet
Hope you understand this article How to Fix Wifi Connected Android TV No Internet, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.