These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. Peter Obi should be in jail and not run for president —Asari-Dokubo
Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, a former Niger Delta militant leader and founder of the defunct Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force (NDPVF), took another swipe at Labor Party (LP) presidential candidate Peter Obi, saying that if Nigeria were to be a healthy climate, the former governor of Anambra State should be in jail instead of running for president. Read more
2. Falana explains legality of planned NLC/ASUU solidarity strike against government opposition
Femi Falana, SAN, a human rights activist argued that the strike called by the Nigeria Labor Congress, NLC, in support of the Universities Academic Staff Union is not illegal as claimed the federal government. Read more
3. Delegates who raised money in the APC presidential primary regret their actions —Amaechi
Former Rivers State Governor and former Transport Minister Rotimi Amaechi said delegates to the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential primary election who collected monetary inducements now regret their actions. Read more
4. 2023: Umahi admits buying two nomination forms, explains why court disqualified him
Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi explained how he arrived at two All Progressives Party (APC) nomination forms. Read more
5. INEC gives reason for omission of Labor Party gubernatorial candidate, others to Ogun
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has explained why the name of the Labor Party gubernatorial candidate in Ogun was not on the list of cleared candidates for the 2023 elections. Read more
Also Read: Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers, Monday July 25, 2022
6. Nigerian capital market at six-month low as investors lose N312.4 billion on selloff
The Nigerian capital market closed trading with a loss of 312.4 billion naira following the collapse of stock capitalization by -1.11% on Monday. Read more
7. NNPC to lay off 500 workers
Following the new status of the commercialized Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, around 500 employees have been slated to leave. Read more
8. EFCC arrests 34 suspected internet fraudsters in Oyo
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested 34 suspected internet fraudsters in Oyo State. Read more
9. Suspected terrorists allegedly ambushed presidential guard troops and injured three soldiers
Gunmen suspected of being terrorists allegedly attacked members of the 7th Battalion of the Nigerian Army Guards Brigade and injured three soldiers in Abuja. Read more
10. Amusan breaks the record with a gold medal in the 100m hurdles at the World Championships
Nigerian athlete Tobi Amusan clinched the goal medal in the women’s 100m hurdles at the 2022 World Championships in Athletics. Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.