These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. APC mocks PDP for feeling threatened by Tinubu’s visit to former President Jonathan
The ongoing cold war between the two main parties – the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) – continues following the recent visit of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to former President Goodluck Jonathan. Read more
2. EFCC files 11 counts of money laundering against Ogun Speaker, three more
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has dismissed an 11-count charge bordering on money laundering, theft, forgery and conspiracy against the embattled Speaker of the State Assembly of Ogun, Olakunle Oluomo, and three others. Read more
3. Ogun APC suspends lawmaker accused of being behind President’s troubles with EFCC
The Ogun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has suspended an active member of the State Legislative Assembly, Dare Kadiri, over allegations of anti-party activities. Read more
4. Rights lawyer justifies diaspora donations for Peter Obi, says no laws were broken
Human rights lawyer Festus Ogun has described the donations offered by the diaspora for Peter Obi’s presidential campaign as entirely legitimate. Read more
5. Lagos LP guber candidate Rhodes-Vivour denies reports of party factions
Labor Party gubernatorial candidate Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has denied allegations of division and factionalization within the party ahead of the 2023 election. Read more
Also Read: Top 10 Stories From All Nigerian Newspapers, Monday September 5th, 2022
6. Nigerian capital market loses N30 billion as shareholder investment declines
Investors in the Nigerian capital market lost N30 billion as equity capitalization plummeted -0.1% on Monday. Read more
7. Nigeria suspends planned introduction of telecommunications service tax
The federal government on Monday suspended the planned introduction of an excise duty on telecommunications services in the country. Read more
8. EFCC arrests club owner and 21 other suspected internet fraudsters in Ibadan
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the owner of the popular De Rock Club in Ibadan, Oyo State, and 21 others for alleged internet fraud. Read more
9. Five dead in a canoeing accident in Jigawa
At least five people have been confirmed dead in a canoeing accident in Gwaram local government area in Jigawa state. Read more
10. Tiafoe offers his first Grand Slam defeat of 2022 to Nadal
American Frances Tiafoe defeated Spaniard Rafael Nadal in the fourth round of the US Open. Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.