These top 10 stories across newspapers across the country might interest you.
1. Buhari orders Education Minister Adamu to resolve dispute with ASUU in 14 days
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday ordered Education Minister Adamu Adamu to resolve the dispute with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) within 14 days. Read more
2. APC President Adamu blames internal crisis for party’s defeat in Osun election
All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman Abdullahi Adamu explained why the party lost the gubernatorial election last weekend in Osun State. Read more
3. IPOB warns against fraudulent people soliciting funds on its behalf
Leaders of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) have expressed concern over situations in which individuals claim to have permission to raise funds for their security division, the Eastern Security Network (ESN). Read more
4. Court adjourns hearing in trial challenging PDP governor’s primary in Zamfara
Judge Aminu Bappa-Aliyu of the Federal High Court in Gusau on Tuesday adjourned until July 26 the hearing of the lawsuit challenging the credibility of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial primary in the Zamfara State. Read more
5. Sanwo-Olu, others may suffer the same fate as Oyetola unless… —APC Chieftain, Nabena
Hon. Yekini Nabena, former deputy national publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), warned party leaders that the time to take people for granted is over. Read more
6. Japaul Gold and Caverton on losers list as Nigerian stock market plummets
The capital market plunged -0.02% on Tuesday, as long-term growth sentiment remained scarce on the trading floor. Read more
7. NNPC approves pump price N179 per liter
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited has approved a new pump price after weeks of promises to keep N165. Read more
8. $3.5M FRAUD: EFCC extradites internet fraud suspect wanted by FBI to US
A wire fraud suspect, Fatade Idowu Olamilekan on the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) wanted list was extradited on Thursday, July 14, 2022 to the United States for allegedly stealing more than $3.5 million from equipment in various cities in the United States. Read more
9. Kidnapped Kaduna Catholic Priest Found Dead
One of two Catholic priests kidnapped by bandits last week, Reverend Father John Mark Cheitnum, has been found dead. Read more
10. We are proud of the Super Falcons even in defeat — Nigerian Government
Youth and Sports Development Minister Sunday Dare hailed the spirit of Nigeria’s Super Falcons despite losing to hosts Morocco in the second semi-final of the Women’s Africa Cup of Nations ( AWCON). Read more
Join the conversation
Support Ripples Nigeria, Support Solutions Journalism
Balanced and fearless journalism, driven by data, has huge financial costs.
As a media platform, we hold leaders accountable and we will not trade the right to freedom of the press and freedom of expression for a piece of cake.
If you like what we do and are willing to support solutions journalism, please donate to the Nigeria Ripples cause.
Your support would help ensure that citizens and institutions continue to have free access to credible and reliable information for the development of society.